Over the summer, Mark and I spent three glorious months traipsing around Europe, managing to explore 11 countries (including the Vatican) – some very briefly and some more extensively. Here’s a complete list with links to posts each place:
- Iceland (part one and part two)
- Spain (Sneaking into Alhambra in Granada; lobbing tomatoes at strangers at La Tomatina!; soaking up the sun in Mallorca & Barcelona)
- Morocco (Rug shopping and riding camels in the Sahara)
- Italy ( World Expo in Milan, falling in love with Cinque Terre, and my favorite European city; seaside getaway to Gaeta and touring Pompeii; historic Rome, futbol match, and dining with strangers; Rome in pictures 2; the quiet side of Italy in a farmtown, Venice, and Lake Como; and Tuscany)
- France (Paris and Chamonix)
Nowadays, Waiheke Island is home. Located off the east coast of Auckland, New Zealand, Lonely Planet recently named Waiheke the world’s 5th best island.
Mark grew up amidst rolling hills and farmland in the midwest. I grew up in the shadow of the Wasatch mountain range. Neither of us have ever lived on an island, let alone at the edge of the world.
There is a lot to see and do here. We couldn’t be more excited about exploring our new home!